Saturday, July 08, 2006

Last night was great.

I've been managing to keep pretty cheap on food, and we were going out for someone's birthday last night, so I decided to get a real Italian meal for once. First course was tortellini with prosciutto in a cream sauce. Second course was a steak filet. Then we split a bottle of Pinot Grigio. I suppose I should have had a red wine, but oh well. I like Pinot Grigio, but my experience with it here has been fairly mixed. Sometime's you'll get a good one and sometimes it will be disgustingly sweet. Anyway, dinner was pretty fantastic. Although way overpriced. The food was decent, but not 10-12 euros a plate decent. Then we all split a few cakes.

Anyway, in other news, we watched Casanova the night before last. Pretty terrible movie, but filmed in Venice, so it was interesting to recognize places we knew.

I've found a pizza place that I love. It's a smaller bakery. The pizza is the best that I've had so far, and the cheapest. I got a mini pizza for 1 euro. Throw in half a kilo of cherries for 2 euros and something to drink, and you've got yourself a great lunch.

Everyone has gone off to Padua to shop today, but I'm staying back to catch up on reading.

Classes are going well. I'm really enjoying my behavioral economics class. Growth and Fiscal Policy is going fine. The lectures are a bit dry, but the book is good. I switched into it late, so I've been having to catch up on reading for it. I went to a pottery class the other day as well. We've been painting and glazing and firing pots. It's pretty enjoyable. My pot has a scene depicting the ineptness of the people running my program. It's fairly entertaining.

I should have some more pictures up soon. Today is going to be all work, but tomorrow should be Lido and the Italy/Germany game. I'll try to get some pictures of the madness that will ensue during and after the game.


ciao

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Sorry, the Italy/Portugal game.

7:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you Italy/France, Mike.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

The previous posts sum up fairly well the degree to which I care about this game.

11:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8)

8:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pottery class... Now that I would enjoy! Sounds like fun.

1:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

Just got back from Maine. Neal and Andrew caught over 50 fish; mostly Pickerel. They also got pulled over by the wardens for not having a registered boat; my fault. The weather was great. We missed you. Sounds like you're having a great time.

Love,
Dad

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home